Area Sales Manager Required In India
- To achieve the sales target in the assigned territory by selling existing and new products & developing the territory with sustained growth
- Sales planning: Translating the annual sales plan into quarterly, monthly, weekly and daily operational plans and developing sales targets (volume and value) for each sub-category of products for distributors in his area (to be done in consultation with the Regional Sales Manager)
- Distributor management: Managing distributors to ensure primary sales plan is achieved as per defined category wise sales plan
- Collections: Ensure timely clearance of outstanding payments from distributors
- Product launches: Positioning new product line/brand/SKU in the assigned sales zone/markets by direct interaction with key retailers and through SOs
- Product feedback: Collecting and synthesizing feedback on Relaxo’s product portfolio in the context of competitor products and providing appropriate recommendations
- Secondary feedback: Capturing feedback of retailers on secondary scheme, NPD and distribution
- Distributor appointment: Scouting and appointing new distributors as per defined norms
- Distributor onboarding: Ensuring distributor gets all relevant post appointment support
- Distributor account management: Being the point of contact for distributors; monitoring product movement at distributors by taking weekly updates from SOs of stock and credit limits
- Complaints management: Resolving complaints of channel partners inc. issues related to returns
- Effective leadership: Defining daily tasks (Target, Focus / NPD article, Scheme Comm. Etc.) for each Sales Officer
- Mentorship and supervision: Mentoring, coaching and supervising company SOs
- Evaluation: Evaluating SO performance and creating customised action plan for each SO
- Outlet mapping: Leveraging the SO to build and periodically refresh the universe of footwear outlets the assigned territories
- Coverage improvement: Based on market visits, highlighting gaps in market and developing an action plan with SO.
- Retailer engagement: Conducting Retailer visits to observe and improve product visibility, availability of NPD/focus articles, brand investments and merchandising
- Orders and credit management: Receiving distributor orders, checking credit limit and ensuring order details are shared with billing team
- Journey plan: Compiling market working reports from SOs and sharing then with the admin team
- Competitive analysis: Analyzing competitor initiatives and preparing action plans to counter competition
- Competitor schemes: Being up-to-date with latest competitor trade scheme and giving scheme recommendations to augment sales; communicating trade promotion schemes to SOs and Distributors
- Distributor exclusivity: Sharing intelligence on exclusive distributors who add/ are bound to add competitor brands in their portfolio
- MIS reports: Preparing MIS reports for target vs actual sales and other objectives
- Reviews: Timely review of monthly/quarterly performance with RSMs, SOs and distributors
- Sales forecasting: Providing sales forecast support to RSM
- Other strategic interventions: Focus on implementation of company’s strategic objectives for assigned sales area
- Business Acumen
- Selling skills
- Market Knowledge
- Analytical skills
- Customer Focus
- Result Orientation
- Negotiation skills
- Sales Volume/Value Achievement
- % Revenue Contribution from NPDs
- Rs. Cr business from new Distr-Div. vs. target
- PJP adherence
- Average outstanding at end of each month as % of month’s sales
- Improve Adherence to Key Sales Processes.
- Coaching and mentoring provided to SOs
- Competitor Analysis
- Customer Service improvement
- Marketing Team
- Corporate Communication & NPD Team
- Production Planning & Logistics Team
- Distribution and Sales Support Team
CSD Area Sales Manager
Full Job Description
- Responsible for development and performance of all sales activities in the assigned markets. Implements distribution and promotion plans in line with the overall initiative to ensure achievement of top line results.
- To plan and execute local marketing and promotional activity to drive brand and volume results.
- To establish a relationship with the channel as that of a key partner
- To ensure coverage of Canteens and institutes within the channel
- To Liaise and coordinate with excise and other government agency for smooth continuity of business.
- To ensure timely reporting
- To maintain close liaison with the market including vendors, key customers, Key On-trade
- To manage Depots
Skills and Experience
- Good inter-personal skills
- Creative and has the ability to ideate.
- Has the ability to establish strong relationship with the channel.
- Willing to travel.
- Should be a team player.
- Pleasing personality
- Self-starter with high energy and confidence
- Should be flexible in approach.
- Should have good working knowledge of computers and financial management.
- Strong analytical & financial skills and budget management experience
- Excellent presentation skills with strong interpersonal leadership and team management skills
- Ability to communicate at different organization levels
- Globally minded and able to demonstrate cross-cultural understanding and sensitivity.
- Great communication skills and gravitas with the ability to present credibly to local and global stakeholders.
- Socially engaging. We want someone who will love this job and make that clear for everyone they work with!
- Someone who can create a strong positive first impression and easily form great relationships with new customers, consumers and stakeholders
We share the passion and entrepreneurial flair of our founder and are guided by our three culture pillars – Fearless, Family and Founders, they inspire our Primos to be the best they can be and drive us forward in all we do. But what does this mean?
- Being Fearless; means adopting an agile mindset, being comfortable trying new things and taking risks. We are empowered to question, challenge and innovate.
- Family; We treat each other, and our communities, like Family. Always.
- Founders; The spirit of entrepreneurship is at the heart of everything we do. We see the business as if it’s our own. We do the right thing for the business and we all take accountability for our work.
When you join Bacardi, you become part of our family and gain more than just a job.
Disclaimer: Bacardi is an equal opportunity employer that values workforce diversity. Diversity is core to our business: by embedding diversity into all aspects of our culture, we maximize the opportunity to achieve sustainable business success and growth. The duties and responsibilities described in the role profile might not be a comprehensive list.
ALSO READ: Warehouse Manager Required In Pakistan